Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Big Step to a New World



I watched her with confidence step out beyond anything she'd ever done before. I observed as she took brave new steps onto a stage larger than any she had hitherto endeavored. She held her head high and walked with powerful confidence and charming certainty toward a nebulous destination. The smile on her face, infectious as it was, calmed my momentary concerns. The easy tone of her voice made me aware that things were going to be alright. Her ability to laugh in that moment of challenge, gave me the sense that no matter what pitfalls she meets, she will take them in stride. I rest assured that the day will be good if some part of it rest in her hands. Her eyes show the clarity of her desire to learn and make the changes she needs in order to grow. They show determination and eagerness. They seem incapable of giving up or quitting, and they reflect the spirit that resides in her heart.Last night I watched Sarah Palin give her first big speech before a packed RNC. I really thought she did well, but I'm not talking about Sarah Palin. No, I'm talking about another brave young soul who is also taking big steps today.   She, like Sarah is beholden of a go-get-em spirit and doesn't know how to quit.   Her name is Audrey, and today she's off to her first day of Kindergarten.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Audrey! You've got my vote.

Tom said...

Tim,
Thank you for your vote, I'm afraid the only platform Audrey has is the princess one she still likes to use to reach the sink while she brushes her teeth. It's a platform that she shares (reluctantly) with her sister Kayleigh.

Thanks for stopping by.
Tom

Bob Bliss said...

Tom, give Audrey a big hug from the Blisses. Tell her we love her and wish her well in her schooling years.

Jeanne M. said...

Oh, it doesn't seem possible that Audrey is going to school. What a charmer she is. Certainly she will do well in everything she tackles. Love to her, and the family.

Jeanne M. said...

I would love to send you something I received about Sarah Palin and the Alaska National Guard. Can you send your email address to me?

Anonymous said...

AND AT THAT WONDERFUL DOOR TO THE WORLD IS A GREAT BIG 'WELCOME' MAT PLACED THERE JUST FOR HER !!!!! GO GETTUM AUDREY !!!!!!