Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally Moving Forward

Hello all. I've lost count of the time since the congregation here stepped into the thirsty land of trying to function without a minister. It is no secret that I deeply miss the man and the family we had. I said prior to their moving that I was sure that God had a plan for them and I believe that has proven true. It has taken us some time and the process has not been without its share of difficulties, but we have finally moved forward. As of sometime in late June or early July, Bill McGee will come here and take up the post of minister for us. It is my hope and prayer that the days, months and years following his arrival will prove productive days blessed by God. May we reach out to this community and share with them the truth that comes from knowing Jesus. Please pray for us in this time.

ON a personal note, fishing will still not be the same.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with your congregation and brother McGee during this time. May this be a blessing to all.

Grace and peace,
Tim

jel said...

I agree with Mr. Archer's, comment!



like the pic too, hope dh,and myself can get some fishing in this year!

hope y'all are well, and your wife's hand is getting better with each passing day! :)

Tom said...

Tim and Jel,

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

Tom

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know him!! I hope everything goes well with the transition. I guess I can check with my in-laws to get the latest. (o;

Is that Dad in the picture? Honestly, both of those guys look too small - neither of them could possibly be my big dad.

Tom said...

Lisa,

I wish I had a picture of your dad and me fishing together. The only one I have is etched as a happy memory in my adled brain. I have no idea who the gents in the photo are as I linked to a pic on the web that looked as if it could have been one of the places we used to visit.

Tell him and your mom hello for us.

Thanks for stopping by.
Tom

Tom said...

by the way, that should be addled, not adled.

Tom

Bob Bliss said...

Tom, I pray that Bill and family work well with you guys. I miss our fishing times together as well. My fishing times have now become golf times. I'm playing in a tournament to benefit the nearby Bible camp on May 31. Mt. Dora congregation has 4 teams of 4 for the tournament. This bunch really plays a lot of golf. This will be my fifth tournament since coming to Mt. Dora. I've also played several rounds with the guys. Things change.

Tom said...

Bob,

At least all your experience in a canoe will help you fish those balls out of the water hazards. I always thank God when I think of you and Pat. You are a blessing.

June 7th and 8th are “Take a Kid Fishing” days here in Jersey. I’m planning a trip out to the bogs so that everyone can fish with their kids. Prayerfully this will become a tradition and we can add some other fun activities along with it in years to come which will be on par with VBS. I’m hoping to work some “family” centered activities here. Thank you for your prayers as to Dawn as well as the church. I miss you all.

Tom

Pat said...

Thanks, Tom. We miss you, too. Praying God will bless the church there and the McGee family.