Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dawn's Procedure

Good morning to all. Here is a Dawn Update. She is doing alright. We've now been to two of her many Ketamine treatments and is a bit groggy for her efforts. She has had to go to Philly for the treatments where she stays recumbent for 4 hours in a recliner while they administer Ketamine intravenously. She comes out of it a little nauseous and woozy the first day she had some strange and vague dreams. All in all she's holding up well under the circumstances. Today is my first day back at work away from her and I miss being there. I didn't do much but sit, pray and read while trying not to hear the television (Good Morning America, Rachel Ray and The View aren't really my cup of tea). She's there now without me. Wonderful people from the church family here are pitching in to help us with all her back and forth travels, and I love them all. Of course Dawn's parents are extending their considerably wonderful helping hand with the kids through this. Kayleigh is getting some really cool Pop pop time and Mom mom is coming over daily to help the kids get off to school. Today Christian is at home with a slight fever. We think it might be a sinus infection. We'll get him up and running (not just his nose) soon, Lord willing.

Thanks to all for the prayers. Needless to say that all of this happening at cranberry time couldn't be much worse. Still though, I'll thank my God for the blessings I have.

Tom

2 comments:

jel said...

Morning Tom,
thanks for letting us know whats going on !

y'all are in my thoughts and prayers!

Tom said...

Thanks Jell. I've been out of the blogosphere for a while due to all this, but I hope to post more often now.

Tom