Monday, June 9, 2008

Take a kid fishing day

So there we were, all piled out of a bus to a certain spot I know of, with our children in tow and fishing gear ready for a wonderful day of fishing. In the picture below you'll see us in the distance. I'm in the blue shirt, Christian (my boy) is to my right (your left) and Audrey and Kayleigh are beside me. About twenty-five people were involved in one way or another.


It was a very hot day and there far more people involved than there were fish. Although I have to put on my "proud daddy" hat for just a second because the two fish that did get caught were caught by my 5 year old little princess Audrey. Yay for her!

We went back to the church building and had a wonderful lunch (mostly thanks to John and Debbie who cooked and prepared the meat and some desserts, Rene who prepared enough potato salad and beans to feed a small army {other things were brought but I don't know to whom I should credit), and Cindy and Dawn who coordinated and orchestrated).

Thank you Lord for friends, for our children, and for a wonderful day (oh, and for Audrey's fish).

Tom

8 comments:

jel said...

Tom,
I do Belive he like you better!
look at all your blessings!

Tom said...

Jel,
I try to count them every day. So I won't miss any when I thank Him for them.

Tom

Jeanne M. said...

What a great day that must have been, even if it was hot. I miss all you people.

Tom said...

Jeanne,
We miss you as well. Hope you and Mr. M. are well.

Tom

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I wish Dan was into fishing. I have a lot of great memories of fishing with my dad.

Tom said...

Lisa,
I too have a lot of great memories fishing with your dad.

Tom

Bob Bliss said...

Forget "Take a kid fishing" "Take a Preacher fishing!"

Tom said...

Hey, I've pulled a few sand shark out of the water down there. I don't recall where we were, but we fished from a bridge and had some good eatin'

Tom