Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I've been converted (at least at work)

I'm sorry to disappoint everyone. I know that there are some traditions that need to be held close to our hearts. I realize that there are some points upon which we must stand regardless of the pressure. I understand that many will no doubt disown me for my decision, so I thought it best that I come out here on the blog and publicly acknowledge my departure.


Almost my whole life I have been loyally doing my best to stay on track and on the path that I knew to be the only way. I've often fell short in my knowledge and have been able to learn more and more as the years have passed. I'm far from complete in my knowledge, but I've come a long way. In recent years I've been able to take what I know and teach others as well as help them through the difficult times. I've been there when many had become corrupt and near the point of no return. I've even been fortunate to help some come back from the brink of darkness. There were times when I wasn't so lucky and the situation was beyond my ability to help. Still though I've taken it upon myself to believe and to help as many as possible. Until now.


Sure I'll still try to help when and where I can. I don't want to see people suffer needlessly, but it's different now. Now a time has come and things have changed that have made me challenge the core beliefs I have held to for so long. Things at work have caused me to look in a new direction and operate under a different system. I know it will be difficult at first. This will surely take some getting used to. For the foreseeable future I will be living a double life as things at work and things at home will conflict. I wish I knew which I will stay with. The future is so uncertain. The two will no longer be compatible.


I'm very sorry to disappoint many of you, but at work I'm getting a new computer; it's a Mac. I'm even now waiting for it to come FedEx.


What did you think I was talking about?

Tom

4 comments:

Bob Bliss said...

The angels of Mac heaven are rejoicing. Have you been baptized by Steve Job?

Tom said...

Not yet. I have to admit that I do love this machine. I don't have any plans on being "Mac Only" anytime soon, but I love what it does and how it works. I'm such a geek. Thanks for checking in Bob.

Love to you and Pat.
Tom and family

Anonymous said...

Bob beat me to it… I was going to say there was great rejoicing in Cupertino.

I've been a Mac user since 1987 and have only regretted it a few times when looking at the games on the PC side. [Which does bring up something interesting. PC users say the Mac isn't a serious machine. I ask what serious aspect is lacking and they say, "Well look at all the games that are Windows only." Right…] Anyway, if you ever hit a snag due to the differences in the interfaces, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Free at last, free at last…

;-)

Grace and peace,
Tim

Tom said...

Tim,
Thank you for the encouragement. I'll surely take you up on that. I've enjoyed it thus far and hope to continue. I have Office for Mac and all the creative stuff I need as yet. I'm really delighted with this computer. If anything, I think my screen might be too big. We ordered the one that comes with a 24" screen. It is really cool. Makes seeing art work a snap. Thanks again,
Tom