Thursday, April 17, 2008

Idol Musings (American Idol loves Jesus)

I'll admit that I don't watch American Idol. I have never watched an entire episode. I'd like to employ some moral high ground here so you could all be impressed with my piety, but I can't. While there are good reasons that I don't watch American Idol (here-to-for listed as AI), any compliment these reasons might give to my character are erased by the fact that I hardly ever miss an episode of "The Apprentice". So regardless of the reasons why; it is my habit not to watch American Idol. The point is that I didn't see the segment below on its regular airing, I found it on another blog (and now I can't remember which one). I'm glad I was blog surfing because I'm delighted I found this part of the show. I'm sure I would have otherwise missed it. Had I been watching AI that evening on TV I'm sure I would have been surprised and even managed some delightful goose bumps at what occurred. To make matters worse, I would have probably looked on AI with a less contemptuous glare. So, with apologies for all the things I've said negative about American Idol, take a look at this clip. Oh, and don't worry, I'm sure AI will give me more carnal ammunition to complain about as I change the channel to "Survivor".

Enjoy the clip, Tom



So, do you watch AI and does this change your view of the show?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom....just wanted to let you know I still check your blog-just can't reach it from work anymore and I don't get on the computer,at home, every night. I've never seen AI-just don't watch much TV at night. BTW-nice song leading Sunday.

Tom said...

gm,

Thank you. I appreciate that because I don't really feel like song leading is an area in which I excel. There are many things in life that I strive simply to be, like the boy who had 5 loaves and 2 fish, a willing child with a meager gift. Chuck said something to us in a song leader’s workshop a while back that helped me. He said that if the congregation feels that the leader is really worshiping, it will be a good service. That has helped me in a lot of ways. Mainly though it has focused me on what is really important.

Thanks for your encouragement and for stopping by the blog. See you soon.

Tom

jel said...

my pc is to old to watch the clip!

don't tell anyone but I Survivor

don't like the other shows!


have a great day!