Saturday, April 19, 2008

Two Things Today

Light the Fire
Last evening we had a wonderful time of singing hymns and spiritual songs around a blazing campfire at one of our members homes. This was followed by smores, perfectly roasted marshmallows, brownies and other goodies. It was a wonderful evening of family, friends and fellowship. During times like this I am often taken back in my (wild) imagination to what it must have been like for the disciples and Jesus when they were traveling from place to place, or after a long day fishing when they would settle around a similar fire and eat and sing. Tomorrow is Sunday and I'll appreciate the padded pews and PA system, but it was good to feel, for a second, a little of the way it might have been back then. So if you get the chance to sit around a blazing fire with its light flickering orange on the faces of brothers and sisters in Christ, do it.

Have you ever stood in the family, with the Lord there in your mist,
seen the face of Christ on your brother?
Then I'd say you've seen,Jesus my Lord.

Have you seen Jesus my Lord? He's here in plain view.
Take a look open your eyes, He'll show it to you.

This is the one song I forgot to sing last night (visualize me kicking myself)

Real or Photoshop

I want to do a fun new segment that allows you to give your input on what can be done with pictures these days. I'll put a picture or two on the blog and you get to guess if the picture has been significantly doctored. I'll begin with this image currently on display at http://tomsplace4photos.wordpress.com/.



So my questions are: is this picture Real or Photoshoped, and what do you see that makes you think it's been changed?

For return visitors, I had a picture on of Hilary Clinton demonstrating a fictitious hostage situation in Bosnia (just after her sniper incident) in which she had a little blue water gun pointed at her own head. Thinking that this may bother someone I had a pole to decide to keep it or not. One of the options was "take the picture off, it's horrible". I told myself that if I got one vote of this kind that I would remove it. Well, true to my word, it's gone. My apologies to anyone who this picture bothered. Unlike a politician I will not make excuses as to why I put it on, nor will I defend it in any way. I meant no offense, I was wrong. It's gone and that's that.

We can continue this game with the blueberry picture. For the record the Hilary picture was absolutely "Photoshoped".

Blessings,
Tom

5 comments:

Mark said...

I think the picture is real. My eye for that kind of thing is not very acute, but they look real (Tasty!) to me.

Semper Fi,
Gunny

Tom said...

Thank you Gunny, (BTW everyone, Gunny has a wonderful blog that is quite often very inspiring). Follow his “Name link” back to it or find it linked from Patrick Meads blogs.

Gunny, this picture is very close to real and the berries are quite delicious. Only a few (unripe) berries were replaced to make the picture more commercially appealing.

Thanks for playing. I’ll try to roll some other pictures out like this every now and then.

Thanks for stopping by.

Tom

Anonymous said...

Evening Tom,

My answer was that they were as close to real . The cluster of berries resemble lots of green clusters that are on my blueberry bushes . They will be pretty and blue about the first to middle of june !

Blessings.
Ron.

Tom said...

Thanks Ron. I did go for realism. I didn't really change anything with regard to size or quantity, just color (and by extension ripeness). What variety do you have?

Tom

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,

I have one bush - rabbiteye , and two of the Tift Blue which is a bigger variety . They produce about 6 gallons a year ? It is my favorite fruit to make ice cream but it is right up there with peach ice cream !

Blessings.
Ron.